Hello there. I am Dennis Irorre a Data Scientist with over 2 years’ experience facilitating the use of data and technology in core business strategy to drive innovation for high growth businesses. Skilled in data management / analytics, location intelligence, data visualization, Geographic Information System / Science, and programming, intellectually curious, resulted oriented and intuitively data driven.
Currently, I am working at the following companys:
- Integration Environment & Energy GmbH, Gräfenberg, Germany as a Geospatial Data specialist
- Predictive Insight, Stellenbosch, South Africa as a Spatial Data Scientist
Who am I?
That's a broad questions, don't you think? Do you mean, where I'm from? What I one day might become? What I do? What I have done? What I dream? Do you mean, what I see? What I have seen? What I fear? Do you mean, who I love? What I've lost?
I guess who I am is exactly the same as who you are. Not better than, not less than. Because, there is no one who has been or will ever be exactly the same as either you or me.
Core Areas of Interest
Data Management and Warehouse
Geographical Information Systems / Science
Visualization of Large scale Geospatial data
Tech in Africa
|Topic||Programme / Language / Library & Framework|
|Geographic Information Systems||Qgis, OSM, R, Python, Carto, Mapbox|
|Data processing||SQL, R, Python, UNIX shell|
|Data analysis||SQL, R, Python, rapid miner|
|Data visualisation||ggplot2, Qgis, Tableau|
|Project management||Git, GitHub, Trello, Jira|
|Web mapping||Leaflet.js, OpenLayer, webGL, Mapbox, Carto|
|Database management||PostgreSQL, PostGIS, MySQL, BigQuery|
|Cloud Services||Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services|
Spatial Data Scientist
December 2019 - Present
Predictive Insights, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Developed end-to-end data analysis process, which included handling transactional and spatial data, analyzing using R and visualizing using Shiny and Leaflet.
- Improved the geospatial capacity and ability for Predictive Insight to work on more complex and advanced geospatial analysis using vectorized data. Such capacity includes, logistics planning, shortest distance, visualization of client distributions and location intelligence.
- Developed and managed an open source spatial data infrastructure. This was created using PostgreSQL database, with the extension POSTGIS to enable geospatial data functionality, and the HSTORE extension, for storing key value pairs in a single value.
Geospatial Data Specialist
November 2019 - Present
Integration Environment & Energy GmbH, Gräfenberg, Germany
- Managed the Nigeria Sustainable Energy for All (se4all) database which comprises of store settlement and energy datasets using SSIS integration on POSTGRESQL written in SQL.
- Provided technical expertise for the management of settlement, field, and electricity distribution data on Data Manage (GeoNode). The expertise includes management of data layers on the platform, generation of automated maps, metadata update and user’s management.
- Performed GIS data assessment and processing
- Improved the remote mapping workflow and consistently contributed to the improvement of the mapping process of settlement.
- Ensured all settlement mapped compliance to the data standard of the company’s and of OpenStreetMap data policy. Which required me to conduct high quality validation checks for all remotely mapped settlements.
Bachelor of Technology
2015 - 2019
Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria
Meteorology. Thesis: Advance computation and Simulation of PM10 contribution to the airshed of Shasha area in Akure.
Data Analytics, Advance mapper and Validator
2016 - Present
OpenStreetMap (OSM) Project
- Contributed 861,147+ map edits on the OpenStreetMap project, which is broken down to 51,649 buildings mapped, 390 Km road mapped, 181 points of interest mapped, and 667 waterways mapped
- Validated 3445 tasks and mapped 813 tasks
- Developed open source data infrastructures to manage and query OpenStreetMap for Nigeria and South Africa
- Community development and leadership
Africa R - core team
2019 - Present
A consortium of passionate Africa R users’ groups and users innovative with R every day and are inspired to share their experience as well as communicate their findings to a global audience. With a mission to achieve improved representation by encouraging, inspiring, and empowering the African market of all genders who are underrepresented in the global R community.
This dashboard contains information about all flights that departed from California (e.g. LAX, SFO, SAN, OAK, e.t.c) to destinations in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the American Virgin Islands) in 2015: 674,000+ flights in total, with an average of 1850 flown from california daily and 19% delay of the total flight. To help understand what causes delays, it also includes a number of other useful datasets. Check out the caflights15 repo and dashboard.
The farmsense is an open source, public data repository for agricultural related geospatial reference datasets. Which was established to help meet the need of data for improved decision making. FarmSense understands the relevant of accurate, complete and timely information and its essentiality to the industry’s decisions makers at various levels and improve quality research. farmsense.ng.
This model was able to predict whether a flight would arrive 15+ minutes after the scheduled arrival time with 70+%. The purpose was not to obtain the best possible prediction but rather to emphasize on the various steps needed to build such a model. Among then, I Comment on the importance of the separation of the dataset during the training stage and how cross-validation helps in determining accurate model parameters. Check out the project repo.
Alagbaka, Akure, Ondo, Nigeria